Some critical notes regarding NewMessage.org and related projects/people (not necessarily the messenger Marshal Vian Summers):
- The ignorance of the universal cosmology described by Walter Russell is understandable, but not correct nor acceptable. In light of this it is also important to note that Muhammad was not the last great messenger as the project claims. There have only been very few fully illuminated messengers and neither M.V. Summers nor Muhammad can be considered as such - they were illumined by degrees (partially). To ignore Walter Russell's message is to ignore one of the most profound and universal teachings intended for mankind in these difficult times. Anyone who really studies the works of Walter Russell - especially “The Message Of The Divine Iliad” - with an open heart and mind can know this beyond any doubt. Please research this for yourself!
- An email send to email@example.com about this issue resulted in the following answer from a member of “The Society”:
- “Thank you for sharing the information below and for inviting me to dialogue about Walter Russell. I do appreciate this. However, to be honest, because of the nature of a mission-driven life, I truly cannot engage in other studies at this time. As a member of The Society of the New Message from God, I am following a mandate and a calling to assist the Messenger Marshall Vian Summers in bringing the New Message to as many people in the world as possible, while it is still possible to do so. The urgency is upon us, and The Society is relatively few in number. I hope you will understand. You could, however, begin a dialogue on the New Message Forum, which has been created for this purpose since we knew we could not engage with hundreds, now thousands, of readers and students, especially as our mission continues to grow. (…)”
- A forum dialogue was started in November of 2013. In that thread Ellen from “The Society” replied with an evasive and somewhat cult-like reply:
- “Please understand that it is not that we discount other writings. We would never say that there is no other inspiration in the world. Inspiration is available everywhere. It is simply that the “New Message people” must have a single focus and purpose if we are to get this Divine Message to the entire world in the brief time we have. There are people waiting for this Revelation all over this planet. Their destiny requires finding this, and it is our task to find ways to get it to them. This effort requires all of our time, dedication, and focus.”
- The messenger itself should not be idolized as some people around M.V. Summers are seemingly already doing. Some people say things like: “Come see him, while he is still in the world!”. This type of talk can lead to cultish behaviour among the people looking for authority figures (and there are many of those!), disdain from more critical thinkers and eventually even prosecution from those who might feel threatened. Please let the message speak for itself and through the people inspired by it. Trust will need to be established by a person's own inner resonance with the message, not who is saying it or how it is presented.